We have the plan/template for Bill Dean's exceptional Vulture:
and I can even, for a small fee, prepare a 'kit of balsa parts'. This model should go beautifully with the latest Rapier L-2LT motors and would look a real treat with a bit more decoration (but please, no Blu-Tac)!
At last I have got the silver painting done on the Stratojet, it is nice and reflective as you can see but I have some worries that it may be a bit fragile in use, possibly due to going straight onto sanding sealer even though it smells a bit like it is cellulose based, we will have to see. The paint is a floral spray made by Oasis and the rattle cans are available here in the UK.
It has taken a lot of rubbing down to get this finish however it would need to be redone again to get the finish I would really like as there are flaws when inspected close up, but as I have rubbed the various coats down several time I have run out of patience. The weight as you see it is 28.75g so that is roughly 10g of paint and sanding sealer. Onto the cockpit painting, insignia details and final assembly next.
Attached is the Aeromodeller plan for a catpult glider, it is about the same size as mine and wish I had found it earlier, it would have saved a lot of work.
It has taken a while to make any progress, ooops. Here is a pic of the finished engines assembled on the wing, I've made 8 engines in total (and they are all different as you can see) in case some get knocked and lost in the grass. The fake 3D work on the engines is for fun and is all done with spirit markers, pity it is easily scratched, it will look well worn before they get to see flight!