Just the elevons for control. I used to fly micro pusher jets with elevons only so got good at controlling twitchy flight.
It looks like the weight will come in at around 40g for the model and 9 grams extra with battery added. The next fan I make will be much lighter as I learn all the tricks for 3D printing models really light. This first fan unit is a bit of an oinker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rogersimmonds
This is indeed a most interesting project which I hope will inspire others. One point: you could consider sheeting the nose of your DH 108 - it looks quite vulnerable to me as it is , especially if that's where the battery goes.
Should you wish to convert it to 'Jetex' we have some very nice motors that burn for 20 + sec!
I trust there will be a video of the maiden flight. I'm most interested to hear the sound of your tuned EDF unit as it 'unloads' in the air.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nitrocharged
Howard, I used iron on covering film, silver colour, from HobbyKing. I was trying to source the ultralite version but with everything at a halt no supply anywhere.
The decals were a mix. The large aircraft numbers are solarfilm as are the roundels, tail markings and jet warning in yellow - all ironed on after peeling the designs from a cutting backing sheet using masking tape (just iron the masking tape and then gently peel off as the films hot glue melts and sticks to the models surface). The small aircraft numbers near the fin, I did in black adhesive vinyl. Too small to risk stuffing up by ironing it on. All cut using a vinyl cutter I have here.