Thanks for the memory jog Roger, it was Chris's Su-11 that I saw at Oxford's Port Meadows, must have been before he managed to trim it to do the turn at the top of the climb, how did he do that I wonder, motor offset with opposite rudder? Only tiny amounts would be needed. That worked well with my foam Talon T38 and produced a lovely spiral climb but not enough turn on the glide, leading to a very long walk.
Thanks guys! The variation in colour isn't an airbrush technique, I'm nowhere near that advanced yet! I made the variations with dust made by sanding a pencil lead into a bowl. I masked where I wanted the lines to begin and using a soft brush, brushed the dust from each mask backward. The more you brush on the darker it gets, then remove the masks and a light coat of matt clear. I'm quite pleased with the result!
Now I need to figure out how to airbrush mottle camoflage, I've got a 163, 262 and a v1 to paint!
Sounds an advanced technique to me, much better than dragging the airbrush and compressor out for a little job. It works brilliantly, thanks for the tip.
Let's see your other models too, even if in an unfinished state, it is inspiring to all of us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rogersimmonds
I like the 'drybrush' pencil dust weathering technique too, used it on my recent Ohka build to simulate a weather worn look, it then occurred to me most Ohka's were probably pristine, owing to the nature it was a one way trip and all!!